Guidelines & Expected Behaviors
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Respect others. This includes not using overly foul language, and if it is foul, it must not be derogatory or directed at another player.
- We seriously condemn piracy. If you are found to be using a pirated copy of FS19, you will be removed from FSN.
- If an issue arises, please use the player report form on the website. Be thorough, include links and screenshots, and remember that we will hear both sides of the story, so try to work it out amongst yourselves before bringing it to us, and if at that point you can't resolve it, submit a report.
- Follow rules of the road. When driving, don't cut across fields. Use the roadways, that's why they were built. Use blinkers, flashers, etc.
- Resetting of vehicles is a LAST resort, and is only allowed with admin approval. In real life you can't poof your vehicle back to a store. So if you flip something, or get stuck, have someone tow or flip you, if at all possible.
- The use of AI is prohibited to help limit server lag.
- If you are in the server, you need to be present. If you expect to be AFK longer than 15 minutes, please log out and back in.
- If you are logged into the server, you must be available in discord. Voice is not REQUIRED at this point, but it is ENCOURAGED.
- Mod requests and changes can be made with the request form via your account on the website. People are always welcome to submit ideas, suggestions and the like, but we cannot guarantee they will be accepted or implemented.
- If you find something you believe to be a windfall, it's more than likely NOT intended, and should be considered an exploit. If found to be using this windfall, and not reporting it as an issue, you are potentially subject to repercussions. If you see something that seems too good to be true, whether in game or on site, or with our mechanics, do the right thing and report it so we can maintain a balanced community.
- Administrative staff reserves the right, if any mechanic on a particular server or website location is deemed to provide an unfair advantage (Meaning same or less work) for a substantially larger benefit, to make changes to those mechanics to rectify that situation and bring it in line with the spirit of the community that is intended for FSN.
- If you have an issue, or need something done, unless it is an absolute emergency, do not DM staff. The ticketing system is designed to ensure we handle all issues in the order that they are received. If you DM staff about an issue or a request, you will be directed to submit a ticket.
- Abusive behavior will not be tolerated. We understand everyone has their opinions and beliefs, but when you are here, you will treat your fellow players, and the staff of FSN, with respect. Blatant failure to do so can and will result in temporary or permanent bans depending on severity of the situation.
- When joining a server that has someone in it, you need to send a server sync warning to let those players know someone is joining. This will help them stop what they are doing and will both keep them from having crashes/flips/accidents and help improve your load time by them not moving.
- A small prank once in a blue moon is fine if it's done to a friend, and it won't impact their day. However, large pranks, hiding equipment, using equipment, destroying or manipulating terrain, property or equipment in a way that would restrict a players ability to play in the manner they wish to is and will be deemed malicious, and will not be stood for. Our community is a community, and we come from all walks of life. It's highly likely we won't always see eye to eye with one another, but we will respect one another.
- If you see a player being abusive or malicious to another player, when they are online or not, please first reach out to the person and try to dissuade them from this negative behavior. If this does not work and you see the negative behavior continue, please report it to staff.
- Marketing bots are to be used to advertise your business, support a cause, or have fun. They are not to be used to harm another players image or business!
Farm & Contractor Guidelines
- Farm Managers should stay in their Farms, unless a change is requested by a staff member or admin.
- Contractors should remain out of a Farm if they own no equipment and are not on a contract. If they own equipment they can stay in the Server Farm, but only use their items. If they are on a contract, it is up to the Farm Manager and the situation to determine whether or not the contractor should join the farm they are contracting for, or whether they should stay in Server Farm (Perhaps if using their own equipment). Server Farm can be easily contracted so that you can work another Farms fields when necessary.
- Never accept work without a contract, unless you are willing to work for free. FSN staff will not guarantee any contract, auction, or agreement unless it is done through the website system that was made for such things.
- Farms & Contractors are now allowed to make private deals regarding equipment leasing, equipment purchasing, and land leases/purchases.
- There will be 1 transfer per farm, per day. Please plan ahead. You can put in more than one request, but only one will be processed in a day.
- Farms are allowed to completely move 1 time per 60 at 10%, with a few other stipulations that are outlined under the moving primary locations section.
- If you do not have an agreement in the system through our website, staff has no way to enforce any action or inaction. You must be able to provide proof of a deal for us to be able to honor it. Use the system we have provided so you don't run into issues!
Contractor Specific Rules
- If you are a contractor, respect your fellow contractors and the Farm Managers. Do not join a farm and begin using their equipment, dealing with their land or animals without their consent, or agreed to contract.
- The contractors have the ability to earn land and equipment, but this is thru the Server Farm. If you see another contractors equipment, again, respect it, and don't just use it because it's in the server farm that you are in.
- Use proper equipment for appropriate tasks. Ex. Do not use a small tractor to pull a large implement. If you see someone using equipment in an improper manner, please report it.
- Tippers not allowed in fields, only auger wagons.
- Auger wagons will now be allowed on the road for NON-CROP transportation. So you can haul lime, seed, fert in an auger wagon to help resupply planting/liming/fert operations, but Tippers/Semi's still required for crop transport on roadways.
- Any agricultural vehicles on roadways is required to have hazards on at all times.
- Equipment must be registered. Every time you make a purchase, register it with a store purchase on your home map with no shipping. Any items requiring shipping or admin purchase will go into a que from the website purchase screen and will go into your registered vehicles upon delivery. Equipment not registered is subject to a fine, likewise, equipment that has been sold but is still registered is subject to a fine.
- Vehicle transfers are limited to 1 per day, or 7 per week. When the 7 per week cap is met, no more transfers can occur from your farm until the 7 day period has passed.
- Any entity found not submitting daily reports and conducting daily logging (24 hour maximum between reports) will be subject to operational suspensions and fines.
- 1st Infraction - 24 hour halt to logging operations, up to 5% fine of any wood logged since last reporting.
- 2nd Infraction - 72 hour halt to logging operations, up to 20% fine of any wood logged since last reporting.
- 3rd Infraction - Company reported to Forestry Service and must submit to a Judicial Hearing and Government Review of their Operation. Minimum 72 hour halt to operations, substantial fines, and potential permanent shut down of logging operations for that company for a period of not less than 2 calendar years.
Land, Land Sales & Land Auction Guidelines
- Enforcement of public easements, wildlife easements, and general tidiness of farms. I have tried for a long time to allow people to plow up as much land as they want, but it's started to make a few servers look less than desirable. As such, the following rules will be enforced as of next "year" in game.
- Must leave minimum 10m OR default easement to roadways.
- Must leave minimum 3m easement from waterways, even on own land.
- Must not combine fields via plowing, minimum 5m easement between marked fields.
- No plowing up of what is considered a courtyard, driveway, or literal yard of your farm.
Hans reserves the right to assess when anyone is pressing a grey area of this too much and adjust accordingly.
- Private land sales WILL be allowed, to sell either 50% ownership or 100% ownership. It must be in a documented agreement and the sale price cannot be lower than NPC base price. Likewise, title restrictions must remain in place until the 10 year window has passed. BLOCKS cannot be privately sold, and you can only sell 1 plot per yr per entity.
- Parcels may now only be sold as individual parcels, not as blocks. This will prevent large assets moving from large entities to other large entities, and give smaller entities a chance at those pieces, as well as create the bigger chance of it being split amongst several farms than going to just one entity.
- A maximum of 1 private parcel sale per week is allowed.
- Gamey techniques such as having a low tier farm buy a restricted auction and setting up an immediate 10 year lease is frowned upon, and if it becomes a problem will incur penalties.
- You cannot sell your home parcel under any circumstance. The only time it is sold is back to NPC farm when moving or wiping.
Moving Primary Farm Location Guidelines
- There will be 1 move allowed every 60 days, except in the case of bankruptcy.
- A fee of 10% of your total NAV will be deducted to make the move.
- In order to move your home plot must be sold back to NPC.
- You may not move to a land valued at more than 300k (The estimated average parcel bought as a new farm.), to prevent established farms from taking advantage of getting to pick any land without competition while also having a much higher buying power.
- If you are coming from a wooded parcel that you have clear cut, you must have re-prepared the land for the next owner. This means trees planted, or truly workable fields created (Not a 2 wide strip on a mountain.)
- If land is won at auction, and then you wish to move to the map, you will own any land won at auction plus be able to pick 1 parcel under 300k in addition, if you choose.
- If you are wanting to move because you've sponsored a new map, the parcel cost restriction is lifted and you may purchase 1 parcel without price restriction, but no more.
- Permits must be purchased in order to conduct any operation a permit is listed for. Failure to have a permit can result in a fine.
- Permits are not transferable, or resalable, and are only to be used by the purchasing entity, or someone contracted to do work on purchasing entities land on their behalf.
- Traffic - Reckless endangerment with vehicles. $2500
- Traffic - Lacking CDL permit. $3000
- Traffic - Failure to use turn signal. $1000
- Traffic - Failure to use hazard lights when hauling a trailer load. $1500
- Traffic - Failure to stop at a stop sign. $2000
- Traffic - Equipment abandonment. $3000
- Traffic - Unauthorized dumping of goods on public property. $3000
- Traffic - Malicious damage of public property. $3000
- Traffic - Unsafe Hauling. $2500
- Traffic - Falsely registered equipment. $3000
- Traffic - Failure to register equipment. $1000
- Animal - Lacking Animal Permit. $1500
- Animal - Animals in red category in cleanliness. $50
- Animal - Animals in red category in food. $50
- Bale - Unauthorized trailer being used for baling. $2500
- Bale - Loading too many bales onto a trailer. 1 bale per foot of trailer length. $2000
- Bale - Bales of any kind sitting out in the open without being in a barn, or in the process of being sold. $2000
- Crop - Crop abandonment/spoilage. $2000
- Crop - Malicious damage of crops. $2000
- Crop - Pallets of any kind being unused, sitting out in the open without being in a barn. $2000
- Equipment - Failure to register equipment. $1000
- Equipment - Falsely registered equipment. $3000
- Equipment - Equipment under 25% maintenance when clean. $2000
- Equipment - Equipment under 50% maintenance when very dirty. $2000
- Equipment - Equipment left on someone else's property without permission. $3000
- Equipment - Loading or overloading trailers sitting on property. $3000
- Equipment - Anything other than an Auger wagon being used for loading of crops in fields. $3000
- Equipment - Lacking permits for specialized equipment. $3000
- Equipment - Too many trailers for hauling. $2000
- Logging - Improper wood hauling equipment. $2000
- Logging - Lacking logging permit or permits. $3000
- Logging - Too many trees cut down at once (More than 5.). $4000