What is it?
Customs is a system unique to FSN that was created to allow farms to both participate in a more globalized economy, while also providing farms the ability to trade on the market with other players and NPC's to get the goods they may need for their farms, as well as offering brokerage options etc.
The following section outlines the How To's for each type of customs interaction. If you are still unsure about something regarding customs after reading this article, please ask in the Discord questions channel BEFORE making an assumption. Making a wrong assumption may end up costing both you and other farmers a lot of money.
Farmer: Direct Sale To Market
If you are a farmer looking to sell your product directly to market, you will need to take the following steps.
- First, you will need to deliver all goods you wish to sell to market to the customs silos. All crops, milk and woodchips go into the grate by the large green building with several silos in it.
- Once your items are in the customs silos, proceed to create the customs export contract. Do this by going to Myself > My Business > Crop Sales. Select Direct Sell along with your crop type, and quantity. Please note you can only direct sell in up to 200k liter batches. This is to allow the market price to accommodate to the influx of goods. You can submit up to 3 batches in a row, but you MUST make sure the product is at the silo!
- 3. Once you have entered the information it will give you your total income from the sale, and ask you to confirm. Once you confirm it will generate an FSN Customs Contract in the Contract Center.
- At this point you are done. Once the contractor has finished the contract, your account on the website will be credited for your sale!
Farmer: Send to Warehouse
If you are a farmer looking to send to warehouse, you will follow all of the steps above with 1 minor changes.
- On step 3, select "To Warehouse" instead of "Direct Sell" on the Crop Sales screen.
There is no limit to how much you can send to warehouse, as long as your warehouse has room. To learn about the basics of warehouses, visit our Imports & Exports page to gather the basics of how they work.
Contractor: Export Audits
If you are a contractor taking an export audit contract, you will follow the following steps each time.
- As soon as you enter the server to do an export audit, join the FSN Farm. This is extremely important, performing and do export audit under any other farm than FSN Farm will have economic consequences for both FSN government as well as the other farm.
- Find the appropriate semi to haul the goods located near the customs silo on each map. The equipment will always be lemken blue. You will need to be in FSN Team farm.
- Once you have pulled up to the silo with the appropriate trailer/tanker, you will verify it has the amount of the goods specified in the contract. You will then load the goods.
- Once the goods are loaded, you will deliver to the nearest sell point for that product type. DO NOT PUT THE ITEMS INTO THE CUSTOMS AREA. If you are found putting items back into the customs area you can be fined!
- Once you have delivered the goods to market, return the customs vehicle to its proper place at the customs silo.
- Some contracts may require you to haul more than 1 trailer load. A contract of 200k would be 2 trailer loads, a contract of 150k liters would be 1.5 trailer loads. Do your best to get the exact amount using the "R" key. Our system does allow for a 500l variance.
- -FSN Customs Contracts can only be done by certified customs agents. To become a certified customs agent, you need to buy a Customs Agent permit, before completing the Customs Agent Certification course.
- -If you are an FM, you are not allowed to do customs contracts on your home server, even if it is for other farms than your own.