What is it?
Customs is a system unique to FSN that was created to allow farms to both participate in a more globalized economy, while also providing farms the ability to trade on the market with other players and NPC's to get the goods they may need for their farms, as well as offering brokerage options etc.
The following section outlines the How To's for each type of customs interaction. If for some reason these do not answer your questions, please ask in the questions channel BEFORE making an assumption.
Farmer: Direct Sale To Market
If you are a farmer looking to sell your product directly to market, you will need to take the following steps.
- First, you will need to deliver all goods you wish to sell to market to the customs silos. (Located on map near customs offices hotspot.). If you are delivering grain crops they will go to the large green barn with several tanks. If they are root crops, you will deliver to the root crop hangar.
- B. If You have milk or woodchips, currently we have not implemented structures to deliver to. You will need to take the customs semi, load your product into the trailer or tanker, and then park it at customs.
- Once your items are in the customs silos, hangars, or semis, you will then proceed to create the customs export contract. You will do this by going to Myself > My Business > Crop Sales > Select Direct Sell along with your crop type, and quantity. (Please note you can only direct sell in 100k liter batches currently. If you are shipping to warehouse there is no limit. This is to allow the market price to accomodate to the influx of goods. You can however submit 3 batches in a row, but you MUST make sure the product is at the silo!)
- Once you have entered the information it will give you your estimated income from the sale, and ask you to confirm. Once you confirm it will generate the contract.
- At this point you are done, once the contractor has finished the contract, your account on the website will be credited for your sale!
Farmer: Send to Warehouse
If you are a farmer looking to sell to warehouse, you will follow all of the steps above with 2 minor changes.
- You will need to select "To Warehouse" instead of "Direct Sale" on the crop sale screen from step 3 above.
- Secondly, there is no limit to how much you can send to warehouse, as long as your warehouse has room. To learn about the basics of warehouses, visit our Imports & Exports page to gather the basics of how they work.
Contractor: Export Audits
If you are a contractor taking an export audit contract, you will follow the following steps each time.
- Find the appropriate semi to haul the goods, and pull up to the customs silo or hangar, located near the customs offices hotspot on each map. The equipment will always be lemken blue. You will need to be in FSN Team farm. (NOTE: If it is a contract for milk or woodchips the semi should already be attached to the product.)
- Once you have pulled up to the silo/hangar/hooked up to the appropriate trailer/tanker, you will verify it has the amount of the goods specified in the contract. You will then load the goods.
- Once the goods are loaded, you will deliver to the nearest sell point for that product type. YOU WILL NOT PUT THE ITEMS INTO THE CUSTOMS AREA. If you are found putting items back into the customs area you can be fined!
- Once you have delivered the goods to market, return the customs vehicle to it's proper place at the customs facility.
- SPECIAL NOTE: Some contracts may require you to haul more than 1 trailer load. A contract of 200k would be 2 trailer fulls, a contract of 150k liters would be 1.5 trailer loads. Do your best to get the exact amount using the "R" key. Our system does allow for a 500L variance.
If you are not sure on something, please take the time to ask. Likewise, if you are giving advise, be sure that your answers that you are giving are found in this article, so we do not spread bad information. By following the above steps all farmers and contracts can smoothly and effectively participate in the Customs Import/Export system for FSN!